This module covers light to medium-duty flooring options that are applied by roller or spray and able withstand testing traffic such as forklifts. Total dry film is typically between 200-800 microns/8-32 mils and finishes can be clear, pigmented or even fibre-reinforced.
Key Learning Outcomes
To be able to select and apply a suitable flooring system with multiple rollcoats, taking into consideration conditions, substrate and project requirements.
Theoretical Assessment Criteria
- The typical capabilities and limitations of thin-film rollcoat systems with respect to properties such as finish, speed, wear/chemical/impact/thermal resistance etc.
- The product selection and application process for clear rollcoat systems.
- The product selection and application process for single, solid-colour rollcoat systems, including fibre-reinforced.
Practical Assessment Criteria
- The ability to prepare a floor area for rollcoat application, including suitable surface preparation, taping, transitions etc.
- The effective application of a clear rollcoat system.
- The effective application of a single, solid-colour rollcoat system.
- The ability to patch or over-coat an existing resin floor with a rollcoat system.
The information above is intended as a starting point for discussion only. Please feel free to suggest any changes or additions you think will improve this element of training and provide a short explanation if possible. Your comments will be added to the other industry feedback we receive for this element.